Squeak UI and toolkit commentary: (was: Re: Who has no job? (was Re: O'Reilly Squeak book?))

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Wed Apr 24 14:52:13 UTC 2002

Göran,

Don't take my comment too personally. I just have a strange sense of humor
;-)

Having worked in the computer industry for so long, your comment just struck
me as an exemplary example of how programmers think about things and how
marketing types 'think' (fill in your own amazingly clever remarks
disparaging marketing types here). After observing people trying to bridge
the programming/marketing chasm in the wilds for so long, it's interesting
in this case to see how programmers try to market to each other.

Obviously I'm not against well formed HTML or good web sites or such, I was
just struck by the fact that people apparently look at HTML source code on a
web page and form any opinions about something totally unrelated because of
that. I think that's funny. They must have a tough time when they go
shopping on the web. "Let's see, I can buy that CD here for 13.99 but one of
their HTML tags was a little off. It's 14.17 over there but their page is
*perfect*. The guys over there must really know what's up in the music
retailing business".

You're one of the good guys, you don't need a defence against what I say,

Jim