[ANN] Wonderland tutorial in spanish

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Apr 24 16:25:09 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 08:27 am, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:

> I wrote a Wonderland tutorial in spanish... The goal is to create a
> fish tank for beginners... In some time I'll translate to english.
>
>   http://www.consultar.com/Squeak/tutorial/

> PS: Comments are welcome! (like ever)

Nice tutorial!

I wonder if it's possible to make the fish really swim around in their
world (can you tell where the "walls" of the fishtank are)?

Your description of 3d movement (as understood by my poor Spanish)
doesn't agree with the movement I see in 3.2 and 3.3. This may be a
bug in those versions. You didn't say what version your tutorial was
for (I assume 3.0).

I can't get the fish to rotate at all. You wrote:

> Tomémonos un tiempo para jugar con nuestro pez, si hacemos click con
> el botón izquierdo y movemos el mouse sin soltar el botón podemos
> mover el pez por el espacio 3d, si lo hacemos mientras presionamos
> SHIFT podemos subir o bajar el pez, con CONTROL podemos rotarlo,
> con CONTROL+SHIFT lo rotamos más libremente.

On my system dragging a 3D object works like this:

In 3.2:

blue "rotate" halo does nothing
No keys moves object forward and backward
SHIFT moves object up and down
CONTROL or CONTROL+SHIFT leads to a walkback:

WonderlandCameraMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #dragTarget:
MouseClickState>>drag:
MouseClickState>>handleEvent:from:

In 3.3:

blue "rotate" halo does nothing
No keys moves object forward and backward
SHIFT moves object up and down
CONTROL or CONTROL+SHIFT do nothing

--
Ned Konz