squeak.org is down

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Wed Apr 24 16:23:53 UTC 2002

Yisrael Lowenstein wrote:

>I just went to squeak.org and got this message:
>
>Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
>The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site
>owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
>
>Anyone able to fix this?
>	Lushi

Probably will need to wait until the first of the month, when the
bandwidth records (typically) reset.  Either that, or squeak.org would
need to buy more bandwidth ($$$$).

I've encountered that same problem at one of my own websites before, and
solved it by forking over an extra $20/month to the ISP so that I could
have ten times more bandwidth (that particularly site of mine was being
used as a picture server, and pictures are bandwidth intensive).

Nevin