Comanche ChieftainModule default

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Sun Apr 28 19:48:48 UTC 2002

The new 'ChieftainModule' class in the newer Comanche is interesting.
 Congratulations and thanks to whoever did this.

One comment though.  At the end of the #process: method, where the
comment reads "otherwise, the default response", it just returns nil.
 In other words, "do nothing" is the default.  I suggest we allow a
default that is a bit more meaningful than this.  I suggest we be able
to install any Comanche module and use it as the default, and only
return nil as the default when there hasn't been a specific Comanche
module installed as the default handler.

So, we add a 'default' instance variable, give it a setter method, and
send the request to the default (if it exists) instead of answering nil.

But otherwise, I think the ChieftainModule is nice, clean,
straight-forward, and (of course) simple.

Nevin