Mailing list error messages

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sun Apr 28 19:58:38 UTC 2002

Kevin G. Fisher <kgf at golden.net> said:
>I've been seeing this as well...strange, I thought it had something to
>do with my ISP.

No, the problem is that when mail starts to loop back from misconfigured
mailservers (ours is always configured correctly, by the way ;-)), the headers
of the mail seem to be such that the only place to send the error message to
is the original sender instead of, for example, the mailing list
administrators. I don't know whether this is a Mailman problem or not, and
frankly at the moment I don't have the time to dive into the Mailman code and
these bounces to see what's going wrong.

Junk them, I'm posting often enough to receive them myself. If they really
start to bother me, I track down who the offender is and remove the associated
accounts from the mailing list.

Talk about mailing list: we're 1078 members at the moment. Just came up in my
head to post this number ;)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>