Squeak UI and toolkit commentary

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Apr 29 05:01:14 UTC 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Doug Way wrote:

> I tend to agree more with G=F6ran that the car itself is not currently as
> impressive as the car construction toolkit.  It certainly has the
> potential to become a great car, though.  It sounds like you like the
> Squeak car partly because it includes an excellent construction toolkit,
> and also because there's not a huge chasm between the car and the
> construction toolkit. (this metaphor is falling apart a bit... :) )

That's a big reason why I love Squeak.  There's not a gigantic jump from
toolkit to car.  It's all there, you just have to find someoen to put it
together.  I also agree that the car isn't quite fit enough for most
users.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few,=
 and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel q=
uinn