Using Squeak as http client rather than http server

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Mon Apr 29 15:06:07 UTC 2002

Nevin Pratt wrote:
> However, I don't know how to do the opposite.  That is, compose an http
> 'POST' request, and send it off to another server.  In other words, I
> don't want to respond to an incoming request, but instead be the
> originator of a request to another system.
>
> Does anybody have any sample code for this?

In the current implementation there are two ways to issue requests,
depending wether you run Squeak as a plugin in a web browser or
standalone.
HTTPClient tries to transparently provide these services (get, post),
but the complete variants are still implemented by class HTTPSocket.
There are a few example methods, but you can always look for  senders to
see what other people do :-)

Michael