Website look

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 30 18:30:31 UTC 2002

"Mark S. Miller" <markm at caplet.com> wrote:
> Note that this logic places much higher value on drawing a clear line and
> sticking with it than it does on getting the line right.  Just like we draw
> a line on "adult" at 18.  It's clearly arbitrary, but an arbitrary simple
> stable line is better than the mess that would result from trying to be more
> accurate.

This is a great example.  In common parlance, "adult" is broader than
"at least 18".  If you want to be specific (and wrong, but I agree
that's sometimes what you want), you say something like "minor" or "at
least 18".

Okay, I'll leave it alone now.  It still seems very nitpicky to say
Squeak isn't open source because of unimportant clauses in it's license,
but that ground has been covered already.  Now that I read the OS
definition, it really does mean what I thought it meant.  People are
simply being very strict about it.

Lex Spoon