rounded corners (was: Re: straw-man 3.2 default preferences)

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Apr 30 20:35:43 UTC 2002

Scott,

Must have missed this message:

> I suppose I agree, reluctantly, with Henrik's position about rounded
> corners, and would be inclined to change the out-of-box look of 3.2
> accordingly.
>
> Opinions?

Yes. I strongly disagree. If the argument is that it eats to many
cycles, perhaps it would be useful to see _where_ these cycles go. With
the recent changes there are many more rounded corners on the screen
than ever before (all the optional buttons) and it seems silly to me to
turn corner rounding on windows off "because it's slow". Let's look at
the problem (speed) rather than the symptom (rounded corners).

Cheers,
  - Andreas