rounded corners (was: Re: straw-man 3.2 default preferences)

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Tue Apr 30 23:01:28 UTC 2002

At 1:59 AM -0700 4/30/02, Scott Wallace wrote:
>I suppose I agree, reluctantly, with Henrik's position about rounded
>corners, and would be inclined to change the out-of-box look of 3.2
>accordingly.
>
>Opinions?

An opinion, but not a strong one:

I have not noticed a performance problem with rounded corners (and I
haven't timed how much time they consume), but I have been running
with square corners for a while. I find the square corners a bit
nicer-looking, and I find it easier to visually distinguish windows
from buttons and flaps when some are square and some are rounded than
when all are rounded.

-Martin