New Random Number Generator

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 1 00:18:55 UTC 2002

Mark4Flies at aol.com is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Since then I have poured over the C and Smalltalk code in parallel and just
> can't find a single discrepency. Then again, the hardest task is to find
> fault in one's own work...
Absolutely; thus the virtues of code reviews, pair programmming, open
source etc.

Sort of. Go to the swiki (http://http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.1 and look up 'plugins' for more than you probably want to know.

> << What would be most useful? >>
>
> I really appreciate your help on this problem but I honestly do not have a
> clue how to answer this question.
Then we must hope that somebody who is really keen on random numbers is
listening and can offer us both some asistance!

tim

Foolproof operation:  All parameters are hard coded.