New Random Number Generator

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu Aug 1 03:08:55 UTC 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Mark4Flies at aol.com is claimed by the authorities to have written:
>
> > Since then I have poured over the C and Smalltalk code in parallel and just
> > can't find a single discrepency. Then again, the hardest task is to find
> > fault in one's own work...
> Absolutely; thus the virtues of code reviews, pair programmming, open
> source etc.
[snip]

Well, I'm probably jumping in at the wrong place, as usual, but I was a
little surprised that Besset didn't have the Mersenne Twister. I still
point you to "Object-Oriented Implemention of Numerical Methods".

There's also David N. Smith's code:
	http://www.dnsmith.com/Squeak/index.html

Isn't that a port of the Mersenne Twister C code? Am I totally lost?

Oh well, repetition is the key to humor. So either I've been informative,
or funny :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.