Does *anyone* use MVC?

jescoto at objective.com.br jescoto at objective.com.br
Thu Aug 1 12:13:29 UTC 2002

I agree with Dan on that.  I tried MVC on a 3.2 gamma but found some
problems (bugs ?) then I returned to old and reliable 2.8.

Yes, I want to move to 3.2 with MVC as soon it works smoothly.

cheers,

#Jean.

                    Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org>
                    Sent by:                                 To:     squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
                    squeak-dev-admin at lists.squeakfoun        cc:
                    dation.org                               Subject:     Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?

                    31/07/2002 18:56
                    Please respond to squeak-dev

Scott Wallace <scott.wallace at squeakland.org>  asked...

>It seems to me that no Squeaker could plausibly have been doing any real
work in MVC in any 3.2 or 3.3a since this bug arrived more than eight
months ago, because the mere raising of a single debugger would have put
his environment into a state no reasonable person could tolerate.  And he
would therefore have screamed and we would have heard.

>Consequently, I'm not too surprised that there has not been a single
response posted to this thread, other than Boris's original bug report and
my reply.

>But is it really true that there are actually *no* MVC practitioners using
either Squeak 3.2 or 3.3a , no one at all, except Boris?

I believe it may be the case that MVC users also tend to use stable
releases, and therefore many may still be using 2.8.

So if you are or might be an MVC user, in addition to answering Scott,
please say...

           What release do you use now?

           Do you plan to move to 3.2 in the near future?

Thanks
           - Dan