Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 1 22:40:55 UTC 2002

Hi all!

Quoting Andreas Raab <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de>:
> Göran,
>
> I think it mostly depends on what you are trying to do. In Morphic,

Ah, you are so diplomatic! :-)

> measuring the "time to handle an event" is an utterly meaningless
> measure for responsiveness because you are neglecting important other
> parts of the system (such as time spent in layout, redrawing, stepping
> etc). This is why there were all of those "doOneCycleNow" spread out in

Ok, but if we had the functionality I talked about we could perhaps tally those
parts "separately" from each other. For example, I assume that somewhere there
are a few message sends that could be considered the "redrawing entry points".
If we then could instantiate a tallyer and let him cover just that code, then we
can have other tallyers for the other parts... Or?

Cheers, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek