Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Aug 1 23:01:21 UTC 2002

On Thursday 01 August 2002 03:14 pm, Göran Hultgren wrote:
> 1. Could we extend the MessageTally class so that we could create
> an instance once and then let it spy on a certain piece of code
> over and over again and thus accumulating "real data" but only
> about the piece of code we are interested in?

You can spy on a Process.

So you can easily build a little script that exercises the UI,
and then profile the UI until it's done.

This is something you'd do from a Workspace:

p _ Processor activeProcess.
done _ false.
e _ ActiveEvent.
[ MessageTally spyOnProcess: p forMilliseconds: 10000 toFileNamed: 'uiSpy.out'.
	done _ true. ] fork.
[ done ] whileFalse: [
	m _ World putUpWorldMenu: e.
	World doOneCycleNow.