Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Thu Aug 1 23:36:41 UTC 2002

Tim,

> As you can see, its pretty slow - 66 seconds! Some observations -
> corner rouding is turned off, so I'm a bit surprised to see
> CornerRounder in there.

Hm ... did you check to see if your menus have rounded corners?! ;-)
It may also be the case that some other morph just ignores the
preference.

> #forceToScreen: is a big hit because I can't get it (in the vm)
> to work without looking for all events (it should work, but it just
> won't.)

Well, that's kinda okay - after all it got some "real work" to do here.
Although it may mean that the invalidated regions are too large (e.g.,
damage recorder inefficiencies).

> TableLayout? in a menu?

See my reply to Ned's message.

Cheers,