Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 2 02:52:33 UTC 2002

"Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Tim,
>
> > As you can see, its pretty slow - 66 seconds! Some observations -
> > corner rouding is turned off, so I'm a bit surprised to see
> > CornerRounder in there.
>
> Hm ... did you check to see if your menus have rounded corners?! ;-)
> It may also be the case that some other morph just ignores the
> preference.
I think it must be the annotation/button pane in the middle of the
browser; those buttons  (browse, senders, implementors etc) are rounded.
Assuming, opf course, that they use CornerRounder. Which would actually
strike me as a bit silly, to be honest.

tim
Useful random insult:- Thinks "Private Enterprise" means owning a personal starship.