Progrmaming in Bytecode?

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Fri Aug 2 05:21:22 UTC 2002

Dan,

> Fire up those new-age compilers and take us into the new world!

>	- D

	OTOH, I want to go back to the future to look for an old-age
compiler.

	The one that generated _the_very_first_Smalltalk_image.

	( The image that Adam used to show Eva her (e)toy :-).

	Just wondering if that compiler was written in C(obol) or
S(nobol).

	Don't I wish that it were written in S(lang) so that it could be
turned into a plugin ;-)

	The 30th Anniversary for Smalltalk is around the corner.

	Would you tell us how was _the_very_first_Smalltalk_image
created ?

	And who did it.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.