Progrmaming in Bytecode?

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Fri Aug 2 13:52:06 UTC 2002

The story about Smalltalk-72 is in "The Early History of Smalltalk"
that I wrote for ACM's "History of Programming Languages" in 93. I
have a pdf file which I'll put on an FTP server somewhere. Also, Dan
wrote a truly great paper a few years after Smalltalk-72 about
Smalltalk-76, a little of which I included in the "History". However,
you should read this as well. I think it was for POPL 78, and there
is probably an online copy somewhere ....

Cheers,

Alan