Has anyone bothered to check out SqueakMap?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Aug 2 13:42:01 UTC 2002

On Friday 02 August 2002 05:48 am, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> If you look at the registration Form you will se that I only
> require this:

> - A name. It is required to be unique in SqueakMap but you can
> change it later.
> - A version number (in whatever form you like, it is just a
> String). - A one line summary describing the package.
> - Author, Maintainer and Registrant - the three people that mostly
> is one and the same. I only want name and email. For author I do
> not require email.
> - Selection among a few mandatory categories (this is not
> implemented yet). An obvious example of such a category is
> "License". You would typically have to choose one of the following:
> GPL, SqueakL, MIT, ...and the rest of the known ones..., Other
> - where is the package? :-)

One thing that I thought was conspicuous by its absence is dependency
information (including links to other SqueakMap entries). I realize
that Modules will try to deal with dependencies, but pre-Modules need
to tell people about this as well. And even with Modules code, it
would be useful to take the internal dependency information and make
it available in the SqueakMap interface (so I can get a package and
its prerequisites if I want).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com