How to delete a named swiki service in Windows NT

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 04:36:01 UTC 2002

--- rasselin at mtl.centresjeunesse.qc.ca wrote:
>    But no where I can found how to delete and old
> swiki service in NT that
>    I don't need anymore.
>    Any help.. is there somewhere a "-deleteService:"

Looks like the only way known to man is through the
registry.  Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM,
ControlSet*

They hide under Services.  For whatever reason, my
machine has ControlSet001 and Control002 with both
entries having the entry "services".  I don't know why
but I'd suggest if a service is present in both
entries, delete it in both places...

Makes you remember how easy it was in the good old
days of autoexec.bat and config.sys !  :)

=====
Benoit St-Jean
bstjean at yahoo.com
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean