Debian package updated

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 5 18:18:55 UTC 2002

I've updated the Debian packages to use Ian's newest release, and Bruce
has uploaded them.   There's not much functional difference between the
last packages.  The main thing is that the debugging messages from the
last package are now removed.  :)

To get them, info is on the usual "Download for Unix" page on the Swiki.
 In short, however, you can add the following to your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.2/unix-linux/debian/
unstable non-US
deb-src ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.2/unix-linux/debian/
unstable non-US

And then you can install the following packages:

	- inisqueak  (install this to pull in everything)
	- squeak-vm-oss  XOR squeak-vm-nas
	- squeak-image32
	- squeak-sources3

If you've already got apt-get lines for Squeak, note that these have
changed slightly: it's "3.2" instead of "3.2gamma", and "unix-linux"
instead of unix.

These packages are only for Debian/unstable.  They should rebuild just
fine on other branches, however.  To do so, add just the deb-src line,
use "apt-get source squeak", and  finally do "dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot" from within the unpackad tree.

Let me know of any problems that come up.  I'm sure there will be
some....  It's too bad we can't use the existing Debian infrastructure
to manage this, but the Apple license makes Debian too queesy.

-Lex