Cross-platform path specification (was RE: Access directory relatively)

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Aug 5 22:24:08 UTC 2002

> > What about using backslash "\"?
>
> Well, as a Mac programmer I'd vote for :, but don't want to
> get into some pathname delimiter holy war. :)

And it wouldn't work anyways since colons are used for keywords :->

> Right now, I'm happy if I can trust FileDirectory default
> pointing to the image/changes files and coding relative to that.

"Trust" is a relative thing since you can change the "default" location
by using something like FileDirectory setDefaultDirectoryFrom:
'foo/bar/baz' (which in fact we're using in the Squeakland plugin in
order to point all file locations to the trusted user space).

Cheers,
  - Andreas