[Magma] performance (was: test result)

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 6 14:02:38 UTC 2002

Stephen,

> You may not be hitting the IdDict scaling wall in the 30 second test.

There is no IDdict scaling wall here - the tallies show that
WeakValueDictionary is used which does not use identity (but rather
equality) on its keys. Therfore the only scaling issue that could come
up would be LargeInts #hash value and making this spread more is
trivial.

> To make the 30 second test faster, I would figure out ways of
> reducing the number of calls to the LargeInteger comparison.

For example by using IDDicts?! ;-)))

Cheers,
  - Andreas