Examining errors and failures with Squeak SUnit

Ken Causey ken at ineffable.com
Tue Aug 6 20:45:24 UTC 2002

I think I must be missing something.  I'm finding examining errors and
failure with SUnit to be very painful.  If I click on the failure or
error in the appropriate section of the TestRunner (and by the way, if
said error is already selected it has to be clicked again to reselect
before anything happens) I get a debug window.  This is great and fine
but I have to step through, over, and into several times before I get
anywhere near the problem and even then I have to step past it several
times before I get an error which is really quite unclear because it
only appears replacing the debug window title well after the code that
the error applies to has left the debug window.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is it too much to asks that the errors be listed (not just the test
method, but the particular line that generated the error and the error
message) in the TestRunner interface or at least in the Transcript?  The
debug window is great, but in this case, if I'm using the TestRunner
it's very likely that I already have a browser open and I'm probably
even viewing the code that generated the error (test first development
you know).  I really don't need the debug window in most cases, although
an option to get one would be great.

Thanks,

Ken