[ANN] [UPDATES] Nine updates for 3.3a

Roger Vossler rvossler at qwest.net
Tue Aug 6 16:27:35 UTC 2002

Hi Scott,

So, it would appear that it's prudent for us folks out here in Newbie
Land to wait
for 60 to 90 days after a final release is finally final and if it does
not move/wiggle
during that time, it probably won't. :-)

I figure that Squeak 2.8 was SqC's first "book release", meaning that it
was good
enough for people to write books about it (Thanks to Mark Guzdial),
teach it,
learn it, write serious applications for it, etc. Squeak 3.2 appears to
be shaping
up as SqC's second "book release". Squeak 2.8 achieved the development of
the core environment which apparently has not changed all that much since
then. The trek from Squeak 2.8 to Squeak 3.2 achieved the addition and
refinement of the Morphic environment, approximately doubling the code
base
in the process. Yes, I realize that there was some Morphic stuff in
Squeak 2.8,
but it was just getting off the ground at that point.

Is this a reasonable assessment?

Cheers, Roger.....