is subclassing Project OK?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Aug 7 04:47:21 UTC 2002

I have a subclass of Project. I saved one of them as a project, then
when I went to load it back in, I was told that no project was in the
file!

Looking further, I found the following logic in ProjectLoading
class>>openName:stream:fromDirectory:withProjectView:

	(morphOrList isKindOf: ImageSegment) ifTrue: [
		proj _ morphOrList arrayOfRoots
			detect: [:mm | mm class == Project]
			ifNone: [^self inform: 'No project found in this file'].

I changed the "class == Project" to "class isKindOf: Project" and it
seems to run OK, but is there some reason that the code is this way?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com