[Magma] performance (was: test result)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 7 22:55:30 UTC 2002

Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin at texoma.net> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> I am looking for a database which can handle minimally 4+ million
> objects. Multi-gig database, possibly 10-20+.
If you really have that much data it's probably very valuable. I
wouldn't trust a huge amount of valuable data to _any_ new piece of
software. Sounds to me like you should consider something commercial
like Gemstone etc for now. Squeak related databases might become viable
for 'serious' (defined as something where you lose your job or life)
usage in the future, given enough testing time etc.

tim

Useful random insult:- Thinks everyone else is entitled to his opinion, like it or not.