Squeak/Linux.

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Fri Aug 9 09:10:00 UTC 2002

It might be helpful to look at the micro-distribution from 1999 called
"squeakos" (as distinguished from the more current SqueakNOS), which boots a
working, graphical Squeak2.2 image via a minimalist Linux, all from a single
3.5" floppy disk.  (Get a copy at http://swain.webframe.org/squeak/floppy/
or grab the source code at
http://www.ira.uka.de/~marcus/Squeak/SqueakOS/SqueakOS-src.tar.gz).  It's
not much use in its present form, having been built primarily just to prove
it could be done, but certainly ought to be able to offer some direction in
how to do a more useful version.

Gary