external plugins on WinCE?

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Fri Aug 9 17:35:22 UTC 2002

Hi--

	Has anyone gotten external plugins to work on WinCE?

	I commented out the fail-if-WinCE code in sqWin32ExternalPrims.c in
Yoshiki's WinCE sources (why is it there? :), ran the VM on an iPAQ with
an ARM WinCE DLL I made, and got ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY (14) from
GetLastError() after failing LoadLibrary(). During the Squeak session,
the machine has 16M available program memory and 12M available storage
memory (according to the Memory control panel). The DLL is 14K.

	My first thought is that this might have something to do with the
backing-store stuff, but storage memory stays pretty constant throughout
the whole Squeak session, and I don't see a Squeak.mem file anywhere. I
think Squeak's just using program memory throughout.

	'Sorry if I missed previous discussion of this... I couldn't find any
on the Net. Hopefully it's my DLL missing some special entry point, or
another work-around-able WinCE bug (like the writing-files-too-fast
bug). WinCE does at least find the DLL and attempt to do something with
it...

	Thanks for any hints!

-C

--