Threads or suggestion?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 9 20:23:44 UTC 2002

Jason Dufair <jase at dufair.org> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I poked around for threads in Squeak and didn't find much.  I'm looking
> for suggestions.
>
> I have Playlist object that holds a ReadStream on a collection of (mp3)
> files.  I want to play the stream, song after song.  So I set up a
> StreamingMp3Sound on the first one and tell it to play.  No problem.
>  Now, I want the next one to play when this one is done playing.

Squeak already has a threaded sound system -- look at the class methods
of SoundPlayer.  To play a sequence of sounds, you could combine them
into a composite sound using SequentialSound.

Also, if your system has a Morphic user interface, then you can check
all kinds of status things in your player via the #step method.

-Lex