Has anyone bothered to check out SqueakMap?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Aug 12 06:43:58 UTC 2002

Back from Gotland and the "Middle Age Week" there. It was great!
http://www.medeltidsveckan.com/English/eng_mvinfo/index.htm

Anyway, I am digging through my 425 mail after I left...

richard at simula.no wrote:
> I looked at your new documentation at
> 	http://anakin.bluefish.se:8000/gohu/14
> which made enough sense :-) that I have the following question:
>
> If I reference a module by its path, then some member of the SqueakMap
> maintenance group revises the categories tree, does my module reference
> break?

When you say "reference by its path", do you mean the url to the
module/package in the webUI of SqueakMap?

If that is what you mean it will not break - the urls for the SqueakMap
webUI uses the generated UUIDs of packages and categories. They are
immutable.

If you were talking about the "module path" field in the package
registrations (but I don't think that was what you meant) then the
answer is that the categories tree is completely orthogonal to the
modules (the module path is simply a String field in a package).

If an url or other reference to a package was constructed using one of
the possibly many "category paths" then the answer is - yes, that could
break in the future since the category tree could be revised. So such
references are not good, but I had no intention of using any of those.

> Rich

regards, Göran