How to "call" textual code from user tile scripts

Albert H. alsoc at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 11 23:41:13 UTC 2002

Hi, I am learning squeak and smalltalk. To do so, I am constructing
physics "applets" (similar to the java ones on the web).

Does anyone know of a way to "call" methods written in textual form from
the user tile scripts?

For example, I would like to get the cosine of a number. The number
would be a variable from the user tile scripts. How can I do this?

Ultimately, I would like to extend a morph class, create a instance of
this class from my workspace, do some basic animation of this morph with
the user tile scripting , then call some of the methods that I wrote in
textual code from the same user tile script.

I would also like to call user tile scripts from textual code.

I would appreciate any information anyone on the board has to share,
links, files, etc.

By the way, when constructing a physics applet the need always arise for
something like the Units framework that is being talked about on this
board.