newbie question

Rosalind Ezhil rkirupav at gb.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 12 18:04:36 UTC 2002

Thankyou Andreas and Brian. I am sorry my post was not very clear. The
data files are not written using Squeak. I am trying to use Squeak to
extract and analyse information from existing data files using Squeak on
Windows. There is no way I can change the way filenames are written
either. By asking if I could 'anticipate' - I meant that when I know the
name of the file I want to look at - I see on Windows NT explorer that the
names are displayed differently and cannot tell which file is the one I am
looking for. So I was wondering if I could tell how the conversion went.
Anyway, I understand that the colons in the file names are causing the
problem and that Samba is doing the conversion! Unfortunately creating
symlinks for the files is not an option for us as hundreds of files are
newly created everyday.

thanks again
Ezhil