Morph suggestion?

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Wed Aug 14 22:47:29 UTC 2002

I (mostly) have the model complete for Dragonfly, my TV/Remote Control
media player.  For what it's worth, I'd be glad to provide a UML diagram
and/or a changeset.  Criticism would be *more* than welcome.

I'm starting to delve into Morphic and it's not quite as scary as I
thought - I've read some tutorials and some book chapters that the
ever-generous Mr. Ducasse sent me.  I've begun looking at the various
morphs and am a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of them.  The morph
I want is a borderless list, navigable by keystroke, whose contents are
a collection I provide.  It doesn't need to be pluggable (assuming my
understanding of "pluggable" is correct).  I do need to be able to set
the font of the text in the list.  Also, ideally, the selection
highlight always remains anchored in the center of the box and the list
contents do all of the moving.  Ideally as well, the farther away from
the center of the list an item is, the more transparent its text is.

I'm not asking for much, am I? :-)  I suspect that I'll need to build my
own morph, especially to do the last two things.  Can anyone give me a
suggestion of what to start with for a superclass?

Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
"The oldest one despairs: Will I die in this place?
The one of middle years searches: How did I come to this place?
The youngest one wonders: What is this place?"
-- ToasterLeavings