Morph suggestion?

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Thu Aug 15 01:46:59 UTC 2002

Ned Konz wrote:

>A UI question that you'll have to answer:
>
>What happens when someone clicks on a choice that's not in the middle?
>does it suddenly jump to the center and become darker? That would be
>disconcerting...

Once again, many thanks for your suggestions, Ned.  One is wise to take
advice from a (fellow) 'bent rider and veteran Squeaker.  Guess I'm in
for a real challenge with this.  I probably will start with Morph since
I don't actually need a scrollbar, just a list that scrolls - see below.

As far as the UI question, I have it somewhat easy in that regard.  I
don't have to worry about anyone clicking elsewhere in the list or
anywhere else for that matter.  The only user input to the system will
be keystrokes (initiated by signals from an IR reciever).  I may indeed
map an IR code to PgUp/PgDn, however, which then forces me to consider
the issue you mention.  I do plan on doing smooth scrolling either way.

I'm off to tinker with Morph now...

Jason Dufair