SqueakMap shaping up...

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 15 12:02:27 UTC 2002

"David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > A screenshot feature would increase the coolness factor, as would a script
> > generated front page with the top ten downloads or some such. Or the front
> > page could rotate a list of eye-candy-type entries to make it more
> > interesting. Cf. www.c64.com or http://tiktok.demon.co.uk/mame/ ;-)
>
> Eeek!  Please, no "eye candy".
>
> I like the clean layout, and appreciate a utility that will let me find
> something quickly without any annoying distractions.

Yes, I also like "clean HTML" with no fuss whatsoever. I will perhaps
make it look a tad better but essentially it was intended to be as clean
as possible. I would like to get Scamper to like it for example.

I agree that the screenshot/thumbnail-thingy should not be on the
frontpage.

Another thing btw - there is nothing stopping anyone from opening up a
"local" web UI on the local slave map. Well, that would need another
changeset with Comanche but otherwise it works fine. But you could "mess
it up" by modifying it - the slave is (to begin with) intended as a pure
slave mirror.

> SqueakMap is a very good idea. Thanks for doing this work.

You are welcome. :-) I am as we speak preparing the changesets for you
all to look at.

> Dave

regards, Göran