Squeak3.2 for linux

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 15 16:00:53 UTC 2002

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> wrote:

> 2. I tracked down the readme that describes the debian apt source entries.
> The deb-src entry causes apt-get update to give me a "Bizarre Error", I
> don't know why.
[...]
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> W: Bizarre Error - File size is not what the server reported 0 482

Darn, that README went out of date within a few days.  Anyway, the swiki
page is the newest, and I guess the README should just point to the
swiki page.  Here's the info you need:

You also need to create a file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/squeak which contains
this line:

Acquire::ftp::Passive::st.cs.uiuc.edu "false";

I don't know why apt needs this for some ftp servers.

> 3. The debian binary packages don't include SqueakV3.sources so I had to
> install that manually. Maybe that was due to 2.

It's truly missing, for some reason.  I emailed Bruce a new set of
packages, but they haven't been uploaded yet.

-Lex