Squeak build problem...

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Aug 15 23:30:54 UTC 2002

>On Thursday 15 August 2002 12:43 pm, Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:
>>  I recently built a VM with gcc-3.2, and had similar results.
>
>So what are you using for optimization flags?
>
>Perhaps the
>-O2 -funroll-loops
>
>isn't enough...

Well I've opened a problem with Apple on this issue of how GCC 3.x
creates poorer code. Mind I don't see a quick solution. For powerPC
the optimizer creates very different code. It just runs slower.

This might be true for all platforms, one would think that i386 code
should be faster.

Also it wasn't clear if the gnuify step ran and the interp.c was altered?