[ANN] SqueakMap-020815

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Aug 16 09:10:04 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:54:25PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Thursday 15 August 2002 11:50 am, Göran Hultgren wrote:
> > 4. If the downloaded file is a cs.gz the tool could offer to
> > decompress and file it in. That would be nice.
>
> Or (even better) in a .zip (which could also include multiple CS's,
> like a test suite, etc.). There is comprehensive support in Squeak
> for zips.
>
> We could make the standard distribution format based on zip:

How do Projects fit into this?

I allways liked the idea to provide an out-of-the box working
project in addition to the fileIn. Projects allow new users to
play with the enhancement/addon very easily.
It would be even good for non-morphic stuff (e.g. a library of some sort)
to provide a project as interactive documentation: The project should
contain lots of simple (and not so simple) example that show how to use the
library.

(see "WORKS OUT OF THE BOX" pattern in: "The Selfish Class":
http://www.laputan.org/selfish/selfish.html)

     Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org