Why red rectangle on entering project?

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Fri Aug 16 21:39:03 UTC 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> I often have projects that (temporarily) display a red rectangle (the
> "drawing error" one) upon entering the project.
>
> This goes away upon fully entering the project.
>
> However, if I do an "Enter Active" on these projects, I can't see
> anything behind the red rectangle. I can grab things that are behind
> it, and then I see them in the Hand.
>
> What causes this

This is caused by a drawing error while the world is updating.  Morphic
tries to figure out which morph caused the error and proceeds to disable
it to avoid recursive error nightmares.  When the whole world goes red it
means the top-level PasteUpMorph has been disabled.

> and how do I fix it?

Open a halo on the world.  Go to the spanner (right, second from
top).  Select "start drawing again".

> Is this associated with the Change Set zzzTemp or whatever it's
> called?

I haven't the faintest idea.

> Thanks,

Welcome.

Ian

PS: Thank Andreas, who showed me why this was happening in my "telnet"
    image a few weeks ago.