Flow 2a1 on Mac OS X

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Sat Aug 17 03:57:10 UTC 2002

Hi Raymond--

> Hi Craig I downloaded Flow because I would like to see what it look
> like, as I followed the debate about it few years ago on this list
> when it was question to bring it in the main release.

	Thanks!

> But If I understand well, as  I¹m on a Mac (OSX), I need a pluggin
> whitch does¹nt exist yet...

	Someone just needs to compile it. Since MacOS X is BSD Unix underneath,
it should be straightforward, since we already know it works for other
Unices. I don't have a Mac, though.

> ...and that a pluggin is made with ŒC¹, not Smalltalk ...?

	Well, regardless of the source language, plugins have an intermediate C
phase; the MacOS X C compilation I mentioned above has to happen either
way.

	So, if you feel like downloading the Flow plugin sources and compiling
them, I'd very much appreciate it. :)  I'll also see about using the
SourceForge MacOS X compile farm.

	thanks for writing,

-C

--