sound with linux rpm

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Sun Aug 18 19:22:34 UTC 2002

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, John Hinsley wrote:

> In the meantime, if anyone wants to do any forensics, spec is:
>
> alsa 0.9.0_cvs20020320-12

FWIW, to get alsa working properly on kernel 2.4.18 (PPC) I had to use
0.9.0rc1 pulled from CVS at 20020509 (released versions and packaged rc
snapshots earlier than the above date simply did not work, at all).  I
notice you're using a version nearly 2 months older then the first one
with which I had success.  You might want to consider rebuilding alsa from
the very latest source before giving up on it.

Other than when using versions earlier than 2002-05, I've had no problems
with alsa whatsoever.

Ian