[ANN] SqueakMap-020815

Tommy Thorn thorn at meko.dk
Thu Aug 15 20:54:57 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

>Guess what, a release of runnable stuff. :-)
>
>The entry in SqueakMap has been updated (yes, I am trying to eat my own
>dogfood):
>

>>http://marvin.bluefish.se:8000/sm/package/4f0b9db6-8add-43aa-8d6b-53e6a0ea844
>>
>You can install it in two ways - "full banana" with web UI
>(sminstall.st) or minimal with only the slave model (sminstall-mini.st)
>intended for client Squeaks (but there is no Morphic browser yet, would
>you like to write one?). Verified (basically) to work in 3.2-4952.

Very great stuff.  Minor issues:
- So far is two words
- Clicking on "Squeak packages" in the "Sofar 7 Sq..." line didn't list
the 7 packages, but gave me the definition of a package.  Likewise for
"module repositories" and "package categories".  I suggest, moving the
definitions elsewhere.
- Keeping a path as the very top (and possible bottom) line makes it
harder to get lost.  You kind of started it with some pages (that have
"Licenses /"), but I think you should do it consistenly on every page
and the path should start with "SqueakMap /".  Once you have that you
can get rid of the "Back" button.

Cheers,

  Tommy