sound with linux rpm

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 19:40:11 UTC 2002

On Monday 19 August 2002 12:20, Lex Spoon wrote:
> John Hinsley <johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > With all that in I get exactly the same error messages.
>
> It would help to see strace output.   Do "strace -o log squeak
> myimage.image" and try to play a sound.  The file will be too big to
> email to the list,

It's huge! More than half a Gig! So even gzipped it'll be too big to
conveniently email.

But much of it is the usual "gettimeofday" stuff, which is not likely to be of
use to man or beast, so I'll dig out my old *nix books and see if I can come
up with a script to chop those bits out. Currently it takes gvim about 10
minutes to load it!

Cheers

John

PS. I've found the latest alsa snapshot and snagged it, so I may try (it's too
hot here to do anything remotely complicated yet) to build that tonight.

Cheers

John