R.F.Clarification:

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed Aug 21 02:30:31 UTC 2002

om

I was taking a tour of the swiki today and, being inspired by the heafty
pot involved, I spent some time pondering how to out do the mastermind
Ian in making Squeak go really really fast. I looked through my GCC
documents hoping to find a front-end interface allowing for a tighter
coupling with the hardware. Unfortunately the psychos (the ones who made
GCC 3.1 50% slower than 3.0) at the GNU project think I have enough time
in my life to figure out how to effectively integrate a front end with
their sounce tree when by all rights there should be a standard
interface for completely seperate projects.

Anyway, I am not writing this to express once again why I hate linux,
but rather to ask about the status of "AlignmentMorph".

I note in
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2177
That AlignmentMorph appears to be depreciated. The task statement
appears to be to retire the existing uses of that class.

I then went and browsed up the class and noted that the description was
the system default. I changed it on my system to "This class is
depreciated and should not be used." I see the motovation for leaving it
in place too!!! =P

So I ask what exactly is the policy on Alignment morph and should I go
ahead and start working it as the task description states?

--
Linux has more source code than my brain.
http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/