[GOODIE] FadingTTListMorph

Tommy Thorn thorn at meko.dk
Wed Aug 21 19:35:54 UTC 2002

jase at dufair.org wrote:

>from preamble:
>
>"Change Set:		FadingTTListMorph
>Date:			21 August 2002
>Author:			Jason Dufair
>
>This is a morph designed to work as a menu.  You provide it a (typcally
>sorted) collection of strings and it displays them in a scrolling list
>with alpha blending to cause the items to appear to fade in and out of
>the top and bottom of the list.  Configuration options include font,
>item height, number of items to display, background color, and text
>color.  Currently defaults to the (freely distributable) font 'Artbrush'
>which should be placed in the same directory as your image.  If you do
>not wish to use this font, it can be set to any other TTFontDescription
>prior to opening the morph."

The screen dump looks very nice, but does it work in Squeak3.2?

I tried (Squeak3.2 #4956):

  | m |
  m _ FadingTTListMorph with: #('abc' 'jazz' 'OK').
  m openInWorld.

but end up in the debugger with a MessageNotUnderstood: ttBounds
As far as I can tell, TTSampleStringMorph can't reply to ttBounds.

I'll try Squeak3.3alpha.

/Tommy