AlignmentMorph...?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 22 07:38:53 UTC 2002

Hi all!

As Alan Grimes also asked, what is the story?

I know that this class is not needed anymore since Morph has these
abilities nowadays and I know that there are numerous pages on the Swiki
that explains how to use that instead but I still have some questions:

1. Why is it still being used? Chess even uses it and that is written by
Andreas Raab I think AFTER he did the TableLayout stuff etc. Or am I
wrong? Andreas?

2. What should I use instead? Some examples use a RectangleMorph as a
general container, some other use a BorderedMorph I think and so on.
Hmmm, I will read up on this more but perhaps you can give me some short
fast answers here...

3. Has Browser been updated in this regard? CodeHolder and Browser still
uses AlignmentMorph (and that code is what I base my SqueakMap browser
on and I want to do this the "currently correct way")

regards, Göran

PS. If it had a CLASS COMMENT telling me this story I wouldn't pester
the list... :-) DS