Really stupid newbie question

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Aug 22 09:46:38 UTC 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Edmund Ronald wrote:

> Is it possible to search *everywhere* in Squeak ie. inside every method
> for a given string ?

Yes.

> I mean - I know it's possible, I'm just not smart enough to write the
> code, maybe someone smarter than me has already done it :).

Type your word in some workspace. Select it.  Press Ctrl-e. Done.

Note that this looks inside all literal strings only, which is reasonably
fast. To look inside selectors, press Ctrl-w (fast, too). If you need to
search everywhere in a method, choose "method source with it" from the
shift-menu (slow, because it has to load the source code from disk).

-- Bert