Squeak Smalltalk: Language Reference needs update (Was: Arrayliterals have changed?)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Aug 22 22:02:02 UTC 2002

On 22 Aug 2002 16:35:58 -0500 Ken Causey <ken at ineffable.com> wrote:
>Ah exactly!  Shame on me for not finding it.  But!  This should be up in
>the "Literals (Constant Expressions)" section immediately after
>"Constant Arrays (Instances of class Array)".  At least it should be in
>the Literals sections somewhere since that's what it is, right?

Well, it's not a literal. That's the nice thing about it. It's all evaluated at run-time and can contain expressions. e.g.:

	{String instanceCount. World submorphs size. Time now printString. 'etc,',' etc'}

which right now evaluates to

	 #(113132 12 '6:01:53 pm' 'etc, etc')

but could be different later.

Cheers,